Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can obesity cause high iron levels in the liver, My lab work…

Customer Question
Can obesity cause high...

Can obesity cause high iron levels in the liver

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

My lab work came back saying I had high levels of iron in my liver, I am not a drinker and I have put on about 40 pounds over the last 5 years

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

No I am not having any issues so just would like to know if the weight could be the issue causing the iron in the liver

Doctor's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/11/2016
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question .

Please tell me how old are you and your gender ?

But one thing is obvious , obesity couldn't be the reason of iron overload in liver .

Regards .

Family Physician, Doctor