Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have erectional dysfunction problem it has been with me…

Customer Question
I have erectional dysfunction problem...
I have erectional dysfunction problem it has been with me for over 25yrs,have had medical treatment no change.have had many pills over the counter.I even now notice that my penis is very small,I cannot get or maintain and erection at anytime even when I am trying to have intercourse it is just hopeless. .I am age 66yrs,and have diabets and high blood pressure.can you send help my way as I am missing out on life and its enjoyment
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/11/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

many years of diabetes can cause damage to nerves and cause loss of erections.

do you have type 2 diabetes? this comes from being overweight.

are you overweight?

you have to loose weight with diet and exercise to reverse diabetes to help your erections.

has your doctor talked to you about stomach bipass surgery or barriatric surgery to help you loose weight?

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

You need to see a urologist and get the nerves and arteries supplying the penis with blood and sensation tested

also prostate examination

testosterone

get all of that checked