How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56580
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have erectional dysfunction problem it has been with me

Customer Question

I have erectional dysfunction problem it has been with me for over 25yrs,have had medical treatment no change.have had many pills over the counter.I even now notice that my penis is very small,I cannot get or maintain and erection at anytime even when I am trying to have intercourse it is just hopeless. .I am age 66yrs,and have diabets and high blood pressure.can you send help my way as I am missing out on life and its enjoyment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

many years of diabetes can cause damage to nerves and cause loss of erections.

do you have type 2 diabetes? this comes from being overweight.

are you overweight?

you have to loose weight with diet and exercise to reverse diabetes to help your erections.

has your doctor talked to you about stomach bipass surgery or barriatric surgery to help you loose weight?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

You need to see a urologist and get the nerves and arteries supplying the penis with blood and sensation tested

also prostate examination


get all of that checked