Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had "liquid" diarrhea now since Sunday. Monday and…

Customer Question
I have had "liquid" diarrhea...
I have had "liquid" diarrhea now since Sunday. Monday and Tuesday though it let up for a while. It was brown then it went to yellow, and now it has turned green. I don't have a thermometer, but I know that I have had a fever. Freezing with three blankets on when my the temp in the house was 77 degrees. Plus I have also woken up dripping wet with sweat. I have been trying to keep up with aspirin. toast seems to be the only thing that i can eat. Kaopectate doesn't seem to be working. Anything else I should be doing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/11/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

How many episode of diarrhea are you having everyday?

Please let me know.

Regards

At least one every 2 to 3 hours...last night was the longest at 5 hours.
hello

With the symptoms that you are having I think that you need to go to the emergency because you may be having dehydration.

You may need IV fluids.

The shivering and freezing that you are experiencing is most likely due to dehydration which needs to be taken care of with fluids.

The green color of the stool in itself is not something that I would worry about too much.

Sorry I mixed a response with it of the ultrasound of the abdomen, which was not meant for you.

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.

Rate me only when you are done asking.

I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.

Kindest regards