Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a burn and a pain in my chest. comes and goes. almost…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a burn and a pain in my chest. comes and goes. almost really bad heartburn

Doctor's Assistant: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I know even simple seeming things can be baffling. Having your health fail in any way is awful, exhausting, scary. Tell us what else you know and the Doctor will tell you what to do or who to get to help from.

Its in the center of my chest. raditates like a raindrop hitting water. no pain in my arm or tingling.

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

No, healthy

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/3/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

How old are you?

Do you have normal blood pressure and cholesterol?

Mid chest pain can be due to the acid reflux disease commonly from esophagus inflammation.

Costochondritis or inflammation of rib cartilage is another common cause.

Heart problem is unlikely if no other symptoms like shortness of breath with exertion or any other medical condition.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

You can not rule out a heart problem on line.

Regardless of the fact this might be heartburn, you need an EKG if that has not been done.

An exam as well.

Treatment.

Maybe a scope.

I am a double board certified US doctor, Dr. Thomas.

Find me anytime.

Please click a positive here.