Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Question for plastic surgeon only. I'm a year old male, 5'

Customer Question
Question for plastic surgeon...
Question for plastic surgeon only.
I'm a 69 year old male, 5' 5", 160 lbs, overall good health.
I am considering liposuction to ONLY reduce my waist from 36" to say 34".
In general, how safe would the procedure be, how successful?
Bruce
PS: HOW IS THE LEVEL OF RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROCEDURE?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/3/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

liposuction is very safe.

how successful depends on how much subcutaneous fat there is below yoru skin and above your abdominal muscles.

the liposuction can't suck away fat which is below your muscles and in your belly internally.

your surgeons will still want you to cut calories and exercise as well.

you should see a doctor and get your thyroid hormone levels checked which can affect your weight as well.

let me know if you have questions.