Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Since I've been on blood pressure medication Valsartran I've…

Customer Question
Since I've been on blood...
Since I've been on blood pressure medication Valsartran I've had edema in my penis and groin area it comes and goes the swelling scares me ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/3/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

Edema around the penis and groin is UNLIKELY to be due to valsartan and other causes must be considered and ruled out.

I would still give the benefit of the doubt to valsartan and stop it and would consult your doctor to rule out worsening heart disease among other causes.

FYI valsartan does not cause slowing of the heart rate.

So the bot***** *****ne is that I would like that you be seen and be evaluated further to rule out other important causes of your symptoms.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.

The only way I am paid on here is when you rate me by clicking on one of the stars (rating options) at your end.

Kindest regards