Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been having a pain and pressure on the left side and

Customer Question

I've been having a pain and pressure on the left side and top of my head. It's only on the left side. This has been going on for over a month, and it's everyday. It feels like it's on the outside of of my head more then a typical headache. I'm not having any sinus symptoms though this is what I've been told it is. I've taking antibiotics, steroids and prescription Tylenol and nothing has helped. I'm starting to think it's something serious like an aneurysm. I've also been very tired even after a good nights sleep.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sometimes if I rub the area that's hurting it will stop hurting for a minute. But then the pain comes back.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Since rubbing helps that is not likely from brain tumor.

Brain tumors are located deep inside the brain superficial rubbing will not help.

However your pain is likely due to the very sensitive nerves supplying the affected area. \Migraine is the likely explanation.

Resistant migraine will not respond to simple analgesics like tylenol etc.

Medications like sumatriptan will help better to abort a migraine headache.

Daily preventive medication like amitriptyline or topiramate can be prescribed by a neurologist.

You should see a neurologist since symptoms have been goingfor a while for further evaluation.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A migraine everyday? I'm going to see an ENT as my doctor suggested this week. Should I push to have a CT to rule out anything serious.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Yes definitely a scan should be ordered for any chronic symptoms.

That will rule out chronic sinusitis, any tumor or aneurysm as well.

CT scan shoudl be done with IV contrast.

Best wishes