Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm very frustrated and scared and still think I have a

Customer Question
I'm very frustrated and scared...
I'm very frustrated and scared and still think I have a brain tumor I went to my doctor on Jan 28th for pressure in my noise and above my eyebrow and ear feels like it had fluid in it I have been going to this doctor for 3 years now. And he has done every kind of test for me cat scan on the abs chest X-rays and everything else bold tests all good he put me on prednisone and an antibiotic for sinuses. Every night I can't sleep I'm looking up things about symptoms of brain tumors and have some of them I just want to feel better I have a pregnant wife at home I'm 34 years old and I'm drinking her crazy I need answer I don't know what to do all I want is the Mri for piece of mind but he won't send me for one and garrenteeed that I'm ok And told me I need to see a shrink
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
I went back to him today and told me I need to talk to somebody that this is not good on your marriage And your baby
2/2/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Persistent sinus symptoms can cause unnecessary anxieties about brain tumor.

Brain tumor is not a common condition to begin with.

Symptoms from brain tumor are different.

Usually headaches will be severe and do not improve with usual analgesics easily.

Also other neurological symptoms like facial weakness, problem with walking, or writing, or speech or vision usually develops over time.

Also any significant brain lesion will show up in CT scan also.

Hence you do not need to worry about brain tumor.

However, you can also consult with a neurologist in your locality for further evaluation.

A normal neurological exam is as good as a MRI scan.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

I also really don't have an appetite right now dizzy and not focusing on things I haven't been back to work since wed and I need to go back I'm very upset at the moment and need answers

mental restlessness and stress can cause lack of focusing, dizziness as well.

Dizziness also can be related to sinus problem.

if you like your work probably you will feel better by starting work --your mind will be pre occupied with what you like to do.

And that will help to calm your mind as well.

Best wishes