How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55458
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having heavy bladder leakage and advised my

Customer Question

I have been having heavy bladder leakage and advised my gynecologist. She prescribed something called Vesicare 5 mg tablets. I must mention I am unemployed and have not insurance. This 30 day of Vesicare costs $298.00. Of course with no job or insurance I cannot afford this. I have also tried something over the counter, Oxytrol, or something like that, it is a patch. Did not work. My gynecologist said maybe I should see a urologist. What do you think? this is stress incontinence, and is very much a bother, and uncomfortable.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr. Phil and I'm happy to help.

vesicare is a good option but there are much cheaper options you can take.

I would recommend detrol. It is older, much cheaper and does the same thing

Also, kegel exercises can help a lot. Here is a link

I think seeing a urologist is a good idea as well

They have many things they can do for this

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)
if you have more questions, just reply