Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having heavy bladder leakage and advised my

Customer Question
gynecologist. She prescribed something called...
I have been having heavy bladder leakage and advised my gynecologist. She prescribed something called Vesicare 5 mg tablets. I must mention I am unemployed and have not insurance. This 30 day of Vesicare costs $298.00. Of course with no job or insurance I cannot afford this. I have also tried something over the counter, Oxytrol, or something like that, it is a patch. Did not work. My gynecologist said maybe I should see a urologist. What do you think? this is stress incontinence, and is very much a bother, and uncomfortable.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
2/1/2016
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr. Phil and I'm happy to help.

vesicare is a good option but there are much cheaper options you can take.

I would recommend detrol. It is older, much cheaper and does the same thing

Also, kegel exercises can help a lot. Here is a link

http://www.webmd.com/women/tc/kegel-exercises-topic-overview

I think seeing a urologist is a good idea as well

They have many things they can do for this

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)
if you have more questions, just reply