How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been on opites for 14 yrs, I am om medicare but I

Customer Question

I have been on opites for 14 yrs , I am om medicare but I need to get off ,
how can I do this without just stopping the meds , I can not afford detox center
can you see if Dr Phil can help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are dependent on opiates.

there are addiction medicine doctors in the USA who can treat you

you will benefit from naltrexone prescription which can help cut your cravings for opiates

Suboxone with both buprenorphine and naloxone can help

methadone clinics can help replace the opiate you are taking with methadone which can slowly be tapered down.

do you need help to find an addiction medicine doctor near you?