How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 74 yrs old and my testier are large and cause chaffing

Customer Question

Hi,I'm 74 yrs old and my testier are large and cause chaffing on my thighs I can't get an erection firm enough to have sex,I feel the only way to get releaf from the pain in the testiesis have them removed,,castration,,I have my family and don't want anymore kids,how can I get castrated safely
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Since how long has the testis got larger ?

Are you sure it is not a varicocele , hernia or hydrocele ?

Have you shown it to the doctor?

You can definitely get it treated to reduce the size .

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Several yrs ago I had a large lump removed from my left testie they were fine for a while but over the last couple of years they have got larger,they ache most of the time,I have spoken to my dr and his response was ,,,we will gust keep an eye on then,, I would be happy just to find a doctor who would just remove them for me,,,I don't need them anymore, add their just uncomfortable most of the time,,
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for your reply.

If there is a lump , there is definitely an indication for getting them checked and removed if necessary.

The doctor can get the lump either checked by a sonography or even a biopsy of the region.

Once the biopsy proves that there is something wrong with it pathologically , then it definitely need to be removed out.

You would definitely need to visit a urosurgeon for that.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Please do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .

I would be happy to help you

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello .

I am awaiting a reply from you .

Please do let me know I would be happy to assist you .