Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** ***** I have had flu about 7 days went for…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have had flu about 7 days went for a walk today vey cold thought I was over the worst

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

For the last few days while being able to breath normally I have had a sensation of not being able to take in enough air this appears to have been continuous this evening I note that I have a squeak whe taking a breath in I am 70 years of age

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/30/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

very cold air can cause spasms of your airways and cause you to have asthma and reactive airway from cold dry air.

there are treatments with bronchodilators like albuterol which can help open up your airways in cold weather

a pulmonary function test can check for reactive and contracted airways during cold air exposure.

do you have a doctor you can see

or you can go to the ER and see a doctor there to have your lungs evaluated.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com