Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Regarding a boxer's fracture. I hit a wall like an. broke…

Customer Question
Regarding a boxer's fracture...

Regarding a boxer's fracture.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I hit a wall like an idiot. broke 5th metacarple near the end it is bent downward pretty good. the doctor just put a splint on it, didnt try to straighten it. should I?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
This just happened this (Friday) evening at urgent care. I have a real Dr appt Monday mornging. will they be able to set the bone then if they decide (3 days later)?
In the videos they reset the bone and then splint it in a specific position. With the wrist back and fingers forward. None of that was done for me.
adding xray....
added
I feel like I could set it in place myself. I want it to heal well. I am worried that Monday is too late.
1/30/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

The splint is all what is usually required.

I do not think that straightening is required.

The important thing is that you need to be pain free and keep the splint on.

It should take care of itself once it heals up completely.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards