Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've just started cycling on a daily basis after being out…

Customer Question
I've just started cycling...

I've just started cycling on a daily basis after being out of the game for a year or so. I'm used to the normal saddle sores (and generally know how to take care of them). I have developed a cracking/rash like problem in the crease of my right leg about 2 inches long. It's really painful and I don't really want to stop riding during this phase. How can I best treat this?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That was pretty detailed. What details are you looking for?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/29/2016
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Can you attach the photos here? How old are you? Female or male? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

I can attach a photo later (not in a good place now). I will say it's a very thin (a couple millimeters) red rash looking problem that is exactly follows the crease of my thigh & pubic area.I am male, age 38. I am 6'2' & 245 lbs. No pills except daily vitamins (which I have taken normally for a while). No surgeries. No known medical problems.

Okay. I am waiting for the photo. Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it?

Did you even read my original statement? It seems pretty clear what triggered it.

Cycling?

Okay. waiting for it.

This photo probably makes it looks worse that it is lol

It looks painful. You should apply Neosporin there and put band aids. Put thick gauze under bike shorts so that the lesion is not irritated when you ride a bike.