Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My rt arm is numb and tingling it has been for several

Customer Question
My rt arm is...

My rt arm is numb and tingling it has been for several months now off and on but becoming more frequent. I had an echo done last year and all was well. I also have some neck pain on the rt side near my ear and down to the collar bone area that just started today

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Occasionally like now its radiating from the collar bone area down to the shoulder and arm still tingling and cold feeling.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/27/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

From your history I advise you to consult a neurologist ..

Intermittent tingling sensation of the right arm sounds to be of a neurological cause ...

It could be from nerve root compression in the neck....

It could be from compression of the brachial plexus ( a nerve web network that goes from neck under collar bone toward the arm..)

It may be that a nerve entrapment problem in the arm may be the cause ..

You would benefit to see neurologist for evaluation...

This may include physical exam and detailed history of symptoms ...

This evaluation may include an MRI of the neck and possible nerve conduction study

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

you don't feel it's related to a heart issue

Hello!

No it does NOT sound to be heart related from your descriptions ...

This does not fit with an angina pattern .....

I hope that this is helpful

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

That is good news. My mom has small cell lung cancer and my stress level us crazy. Do have a bit of angina but not too bad. Thank you for your assistance

Hello again,

You are very welcome

I'm sorry that your Mom is dealing with that issue

It sounds very stressful

Hopefully that will get better for you

Let me know if I may be of further help

Best regards ***** *****

Anthony Bray MD