Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am suddenly feeling a sensation like a lump in my throat…

Customer Question
I am suddenly feeling a...
I am suddenly feeling a sensation like a lump in my throat without any other symptoms. What might it be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/26/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

if you have excessive anxiety symptoms, this can cause you to have a lump in the throat sensation.

do yo have excessive anxiety?

acid reflux can cause a lump in your throat sensation as well.

I have had anxiety but feel relaxed and do not feel that I'm am anxious. I have never experienced acid reflux.

even if you feel relaxed, your anxiety disorder can cause you to have lump in the throat sensation.

has your doctor treated you with anti-anxiety medications?

Zoloft and Trazadone

you should try deep breathing exercises

and mental visualization

and meditation techniques

you might benefit from seeing a psychotherapist regularly

there are anxiety reducing techniques and cognitive behavioral therapy which can help

you to relax more and help decrease this lump in your throat sensation.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com