Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** *****. red area between nose and upper lip,

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. red area between nose and upper lip

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My teenage daughter had a bad headcold had to wipe her nose a lot. Now, the area right above her upper lip and between her nose is very red. I've tried putting Vaseline on it but it looks larger today. Any ideas? She's very self-conscious about it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/26/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

The redness is likely due to the friction from nose clearing.

The irritated blood vessels in the skin cause this.

Will gradually improve over time.

If no pain, then topical hydrocortisone cream can be tried twice daily.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/