Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 61 yr old man, health very good to excellent, on no…

Customer Question
I am 61 yr...
I am 61 yr old man, health very good to excellent, on no meds, except for 81mg aspirin daily as preventative. Never had any STDs.
Last night while scratching a routine itch, I discovered a small, hard lump the size of a BB at base of penis, underside, just to right of centerline. It is painless, can't be seen from surface, seems to be half-embedded in soft tissue. No idea how long it's been there. It was a little hard to re-locate just now, even though I now know it's there.
My urinary and sexual function are normal.
Possibly related medical history: I have had for decades rather hard but painless fatty tumors/cysts, one at base of skull, the other on back of right tricep, about the size of a pea and not visible from surface. Also, I had a Bowen's lesion removed from helix of left ear 4 years ago with no recurrence.
I know I need to go see an MD, but what are your first thoughts on this?
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you have a propensity to make cysts in your body

and this small hard BB size lump under the skin which is painless and can't be seen on the skin sounds like a deep skin cyst as well.

it sounds benign.

it doesn't sound dangerous

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have other questions?

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

wHello

I am a double board certified US doctor.

There is no way to say what this is without examination.

Also, without knowing how long it has been there.

It is probably not something serious.

In this area it can be

concretion

cyst

scar tissue

basal cell lesion

keratosis

infected hair follicle....

Other problems.

I would be glad to look at a picture.

Find me, Dr. Thomas, anytime by request in medical for prompt and accurate answers.

Please click a positive rating.