Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son is on several meds for heart,pain, hernia

Customer Question
operation,several more. He was...
My son is on several meds for heart,pain, hernia operation,several more. He was just given a new pill to open capillaries (?) and it is killing him with pain..all day. The headaches are constant... He survived stomach cancer in 2010-2011. But the hernia incision is weeping constantly now (3 wks. old). Is there something to be done tonite to give him some relief ? He will not be taking another of those new pills !!(Isosorbide 30mg)
Will appreciate hearing back from you. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/25/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

Isosorbide does cause a lot of headache in some people.

If it is causing tremendous headache like you mention, I would recommend that he should discuss stopping this medication with his doctor and/or changing it to something else like a beta blocker or a calcium channel blocker.

I think that just by stopping the medication the headache should go away.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Cannot find the Reply box ! Your answer does not do anything to help or calm our very urgent concerns here in the middle of the night. I do thank you for answering but shall not send the balance of $38 to your concern.
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

I noticed the other expect opted out.

Can you tell me what meds he is on?

Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Isosorbide could precipitate increased intracranial pressure (high pressure in the brain). You should take him to ER to have the pressure checked and get medications to decrease the pressure.

This conversation was ended last evening. Thanks

okay.