Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband just had a heart attack 3 moths ago just showed…

Customer Question
My husband just had a...
My husband just had a heart attack 3 moths ago just showed me a lump in left arm that is sore to touch should I be concerned
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/24/2016
Doctor: Internist, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Internist
Internist, Doctor

hi there,

I am online and will be happy to answer your questions.

thank you for your patience.

sorry to hear about your husband's heart attack.

a sore lump in the left arm will be concerning, if it is sore only after exertion, and associated with chest pain, shortness of breath, sweating.

if not associated with the activity, but is present all the time and you can actually feel the lump, it could be a lipoma, or simply muscle strain/pull. in that case, it is not concerning.

however, he should get a regular check by the cardiologist or his primary doctor for optimization of heart medications. Need of stress test and cardiac cath will be depending on whether or not he had angioplasty or bypass heart surgery.

I hope that answers your question.

please let me know if you have any questions. thank you

I am here to help you and I wish you best health,

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800

Thanks for using justanswer.com

did i answer your query?

please feel free to ask any questions you have

thank you

He was just released from his heart surgeon & removed from blood thinner Warferin sorry for spelling just concerned of blood clots

if the lump is visible, can you please attach a picture of this?

blood clots more likely form in lower legs.

blood clots do not give a lump feeling, rather bruised, discolored and heavy feeling. if you can attach a picture here, it will be easy for me to comment on

Not good at this type of technology with pictures to send he just came to me with this it is in lower arm about size of a golf ball very sore to touch he is not sure of where it came from just showed me

did he got injections in that arm?

is it discolored in appearance?

red? warm? bruised appearance ?

feels hard?

you can take picture and attach here by clicking on clip icon above

not bruised normal color, no injections, just sore to touch & soft to touch like you could move move it

thank you for replying.

last question.

when did you notice it, did it appear all of a sudden, or lump was already there and you just started feeling soreness

just noticed it & appeared all of a sudden
I have been trying to watch for all changes since this has happened, I have worked in the medical field & have been taught to watch for changes

soft to touch and sore feeling can be lipoma, ( which most likely was already there and is now just hurting because of some inflammation in there )

however, without having actual look /examination and considering his history of heart attack and just getting off of warfarin, and sudden appearance , I would like you to pay a visit to ER now if possible and get actual physical done.

that is good to know,

if he had not heart attack or history of warfarin use,

i would have asked you to watch for size, color, pain, temperature changes or any other symptoms, but i would not take a risk to ignore serious things without getting physical done.

Write your reply here...thank you

so you should be concerned because of history, sudden appearance and history of warfarin use.

did i make sense to you ?

please let me know if i should provide clarifications.

This is the link to my profile:

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Internist
Internist
Internist, Doctor