Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For these past couple weeks i have had a hard time breathing…

Customer Question
for these past couple weeks...
for these past couple weeks i have had a hard time breathing catching my breathe and we didn't know if it was anxiety attacks or if i actually had something wrong. I left school one day not being able to breathe and my mom took me to a internal medicine doctor. I had a EKG done and said i had irregular heart beat. I also had to take this breaking test and could only get 1 out of three tries because i was so short of breath. My internal medicine doc sent me to get a CT at hospital in ER(the same day) because she wanted to make sure i didn't have a blood clot in my lungs. Well the doctor at the hospital drew blood and gave me a EKG again and said he could tell by my blood work that i didn't have a blood clot so he didn't give me a CT and he said my heart beat was normal. (but when i was at internal med doc i was short of breath but by the time i got in at ER to get a CT i didn't have the shortness of breathe anymore) We called my internal med doc and said they didn't give us a CT even after you requested it and sent the info over to the hospital. She found that so odd and so she made me a CT appt for the next week(which was today) at hospital and made me get a ecocardio graph done. Well my CT looked fine but we haven't heard back from cardiologist about my echocardiogram (during echo cardio i has having a real hard time breathing and it was kinda loud puffs).. I went back to school and felt sick and my arms are so week (and have been for bout a week now) and i felt lightheaded. I cheer at basketball games and i have left the past couple ones because i can't breathe and i have pains in my chest. I have a inhaler but that doesn't seem to work. I can barley raise my arms and I am so week and have no energy. I feel light headed and have no appetite at all. please help idk whats wrong
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/21/2016
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Most likely the symptoms are due to the irregular heart beats. You should have ambulatory EKG so that the EKG can detect the event of shortness of breath.

What is the difference exactly from a regular EKG and a ambulatory EKG?? and the trouble breathing just happens randomly...
sometimes like earlier today i could like feel my heart beating fast it was loud felt like it was coming out of my chest and i could feel it in my body...if that makes sense..

A regular EKG can't catch the irregular heart beats if you don't have the event. An ambulatory EKG is you wear the EKG machine which monitors your EKG. If you have the event sometimes, it could catch the abnormal EKG while you are wearing the machine. The echocardiography may detect the morphological abnormality of the heart which could cause irregular heart beats.

khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor