Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr only it's been a week since my surgery. i hurt the bottom…

Customer Question
dr david only Hi it's...
dr david only Hi it's been a week since my surgery . i hurt the bottom of my stomach when i go to the bath room i have to hold my stomach is that going to get better
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/21/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

yes, it is going to get better.

a lot of skin and muscles and tissues where cut there to get your uterus and lymph nodes out.

they probably gave you a pillow to hug and hold in the hospital after your surgery.

you should continue to support the lower part of your abdomen

they also make elastic velcro closing abdominal binders which can help hold your lower abdomen as well.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David did they check the Lower intestine and the bladder and all that they also took the overies ou and the rest yes they gave me the velcro binder .so that is normal to hurt when i go to the bathroom

yes, they checked all of those areas.

yes, it can be sore in that area when you go to the bathroom.

avoid constipation

if you are taking pain pills, this can cause you to be constipated.

make sure you take some laxatives if you are constipated to soften your stools so you don't have to strain and push to get stool out.

yes I am taking that for the stool so if they checked all that and he said it all looked good that mean my intestine bladder are ok right

yes, it means your intestine and bladder are ok.

you don't have to worry.

Dr David it still when i eat and go down to the bottom to that area it hurts.

let me ask you this can they see any thing from the body parts they cut out of me more than cells and if I had an infection in my intestine would they would have told right

if you had an infection, they would have treated it.

surgeons can't see to the cell level.

the pain you are having is post operative pain most likely and will get better with time.

make sure you don't get constipated and have hard stools

you don't want to push

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I am taking mirlax and another stool softner Dr david that is a big surgery

so how can that Dr says from what he saw every thing was ok and he got that utres out. you know he also said it was small like a heart shape one of the Doctors with him when she visited me said it was very small in the utres but they could not see it anywhere else . I hope so . what is the best way to recover completley . you know I do not have a fever

more time is the best way to recover

when you feel better you should exercise and walk and loose weight. that is a good way to recover better.

the pathology report will tell for sure if the cancer has spread.

you will do fine

before the surgery you were so worried about the surgery.

you made it through the surgery fine.

Dr David my Dr do you think The report will come back ok do you think they also took the cervical out thanks

your report will come back ok.

yes, they took out the cervix as well.

Thank you very much I could not have done this with out you you are right on the spot always can I always come to you ?

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

the other expert has opted out.

How did you hurt your stomach after surgery?