Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been experiencing pain from my waist down my legs…

Customer Question
I have been experiencing...

I have been experiencing pain from my waist down my legs just certain times like after i sat fori ihour or laying on bed

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am 75 and some over weight . started taking calcium pills a couple months ago.i get some comfort with aleve and heat pads. worst in bed after a few minutes i have to get up, could this be poor circulation

Doctor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/21/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

yes, this could be due to poor circulation or pinched nerves in your lower back causing pain in your waist down into your legs.

you should see your doctor and get some testing with a leg doppler ultrasound study to check for circulation problems

and see if you need an MRI scan of your lower back to check for pinched nerves and disks in your back.

make sure you take aleve with food in your stomach and plenty of water to help your kidneys.

regular walking exercise could help improve circulation and help you loose a bit of weight as well.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com