Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a journey of three months of intestinal

Customer Question
Hello, I have had a journey...
I have had a journey of three months of intestinal malfunction. This am a 4 inch "worm?" that was like vermicelli and had a head about a pencil eraser size, it was brownish reddish and had mucus?around it??? I had a test for parasites (rectal swab) that was negative??I saw another this eve smaller.??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/21/2016
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

I'm sorry to hear that you have had this problem.

I recommend save any found specimen such as in a clear jar and take to your doctor . If worm specimen may be identified then that directs treatment to get rid of the parasitic infection. We generally advise stool specimen be done three separate times to identify a parasitic infection. These can be missed at times. Perhaps the infection developed since you had the sigmoidoscopy. Infection may have been more higher in intestines than you were scoped .

Consult your doctor though ....best if you may be able to show specimen which could then be identified ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD