Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Im allergic to shellfish and sulfa can i take lysene pills?

Customer Question

im allergic to shellfish and sulfa can i take lysene pills ? i have a very small tiny little bump on my lip.
I took famcicylovir 2 x a day for the last week ....finished them and two days later this little bump happened
i am back on fam for the next 7 days 2 x daily.
i would like to start taking lysene daily 500 or a 1000 to prevent anymore flairups
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, you can take lysine ammino acid supplement pills.

is the tiny bump on your lip painful? it sounds like you are worried about oral herpes cold sores in your mouth. these tend to be very painful.

the tiny bump could be from a blocked salivary gland.

it would be unlikely for oral herpes virus to manifest right after you finished famciclovir.

can you upload a clear jpg photo of this tiny bump on your lip? is it big enough to take a photo of?