Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Really need help. What tests would you order? What could…

Customer Question
Really need help. What tests...
Really need help. What tests would you order? What could this possibly be?
Lifelong: Reflux (20 years; been on PPI for 5). Recent EGD showed minor irritation of lower esophagus but no other problems; low appetite; constipation/loose stool waves; low BP and heart rate.
More recent: 4 yrs ago in Panama, started to have strong lower abdominal/intestical cramps, lasted 2 weeks but no diarrhea or fever. Over next 2 years, cramps recurred 2-5 days at a time. The cramps finally stopped 2 years ago, but new symptoms appeared: upper abdominal cramps, sometime severe; nausea, vomiting; extreme belching, feels like vomiting air; bloating; headache, fatigue, muscle pain, weakness, dizziness, incerased thirst, weight gain.
Most recently: increased abdominal pain (daily); nausea, burping, intestinal gas and flatulence, very light colored stool; wake up feeling "hungover".
Med history: L5/S1 discectomy, asthma, possible fibromyalgia (tests in progress), depression. CBCs normal
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/20/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

too bad she canceled her GI appointment.

it sounds like she could still be battling with too much stomach acid in her stomach causing gastritis and burping and reflux and nasuea

she could also be having lower GI colon issues from IBS irritable bowel syndrome causing constipation, gas, flatulence

she needs a testing to check for H Pylori bacteria in her stomach.

she might need a colonoscopy to look in her colon.

so taking away her gluten makes symptoms worse?

she may be allergic to lactose milk sugar which could cause symptoms

she might have small intestinal bacterial overgrowth which can cause symptoms. a breath hydrogen test can check for SIBO.

she might need to add more fiber into her diet with a fiber supplement like metamucil

adding a probiotic and good yogurt cultures like Activa or Kefir yogurt could help her symptoms

drinking more water and regular exercise could help her bowels to work better.

try to get her back to see the GI doctor ASAP

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have any other questions?