Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm trying to figure out if I have strained back and

Customer Question
Hello, I'm trying to...

Hello, I'm trying to figure out if I have strained back and abdominal oblique muscles or if the pain is organ related.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is on the complete right side. from the middle of my abdomen all the way around to my back. If you pull/tear your oblique's does the pain start right away? I know what I could have done, but it didn't hurt right away.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
the pain in the front is intermittent and is like a burning feeling of sorts. the pain in my back is felt more when touched or I press back on my chair.
would a pinched nerve be possible?
1/20/2016
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

You need an exam to have a diagnosis.

This does not sound like an oblique tear, given no history.

It does not sound like typical organ pain.

It sounds like it could be a disc problem in the spine.

Exam and MRi would be needed to confirm this.

I urge you not to wait, as the pain is abnormal.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.