Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a bout of Pancreatitis in November last year which…

Customer Question
I had a bout of...
I had a bout of Pancreatitis in November last year which once treated, was followed by Malaria in Novemeber end december early. although I've had no fever since second week of December, I have monitored my SGT levels four times on a fortnightly basis - 110, 66(20th Dec), 140 (09th Jan) and 114 (today). I have checked Hepatitis B and C and they were negative.What could be the possible reasons? Is pancreatitis attacking again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

Do you drink?

If yes, how much?

Have you had any ultrasound of your abdomen?

Please let me know.

Kindest regards

Hi Dictor, No I don't drink. Haven't had an ultrasound done.
Kindly help.

Have you had a ferritin level done?

Was it normal?

Nope, haven't checked ferritin levels... would you advise that?

Actually, I would out a condition called as hemochromatosis which is a condition where there is increased iron in the body and is diagnosed by doing a ferritin test.

I would also like that you should have autoimmune hepatitis ruled out by doing various antibody tests for this purpose.

Another cause of raised liver enzymes is alpha-1 antitripsin deficiency which can also be diagnosed by a blood test.

If nothing comes up then the final test is a liver biopsy.

So I would recommend that all these causes among other causes must be considered and ruled out.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician