Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I thought I had strep throat; but turned out to be GERD.

Customer Question
Visited an ENT and was...
I thought I had strep throat; but turned out to be GERD. Visited an ENT and was given
Zantac and prescription strength prilosec. Still have dull pain and hard to swallow after a week.....does this take much longer to heal. I have been in pain for 9 weeks. Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/19/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Ye it may take 2-3 weeks to show some improvement.

If not then the problem is something else.

You may have esophageal muscle spasms.

That often responds to Baclofen 10 mg 2-3 times daily.

You will need to see a gastroenterologist for further evaluation in that case.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/