Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Im a pain patient and take morphine 15mg extended release…

Customer Question
im a pain patient and...
im a pain patient and take morphine 15mg extended release and oxycodone 10/325 three times a day. My doc tests my urine monthly and recently said it didn't able matabolized. How often and many days do I need to take meds to pass this test?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/19/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

your pain doctor is worried you are not taking pain pills and possibly selling them on the market to make money.

some patients don't metabolize their pain medications well and the levels can be low in the urine.

I have had patients who take oxycodone regularly and it doesn't show up on urine tox screening tests to show opioids.

what is a better test is a quantatative urine opioid and oxycodone drug level.

Oxycodone is metabolized to oxymorphone in the urine and quantatative urine testing can detect if it is there in the urine.

I hope you are not avoiding taking your pain pills and selling them on the market.

let me know if you have questions.

I'm not selling or abusing. Just need to know how many days I need to take the meds prior to the test for it to metabolize. I take them as needed and he said that can throw the test but seems odd that it would. Can you tell me how many days I need to take both meds so it will metabilize for my urine test.

if you are taking oxycodone and morphine 3 days before the test, they will show up in your urine.

each drug will show up for up to 3 days in your urine on routine urine tox screening tests for opiates.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com