Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** *****. I have been getting treatments from…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I have been getting treatments from a Chiropractor. I noticed under the left arm a half circle kind of purple color. I brought it to his attention and he said the treatment would not cause the spot. Well I had an intense treatment a week ago and now that same type spot is under the right arm. He contends it could be toxins coming out.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The doctor uses equipment call a pro-adjuster. It is computer run and advises what part of my back needs adjustment. He also uses some type of hand held equipment that is somewhat like a jack hammer on my back.

Doctor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/18/2016
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

Please attach a picture here.

This is not from the chiropractic

I am sorry I am 70 years old and am technically challenged. I do not know how to upload a photo. The issue is very strange. On the side of both armpits is a half circle that is purple and looks like a bruise. My last lab work showed low vitamin D so I started taking two tablets of D3 2000IU a day. I also take one tablet of Duloxetine 30MG for depression and fibromyalgia. This symptom just came up. Believe me after these chiropractic treatments I can hardly function. I had a treatment Monday and the chiropractor said that these treatments would not cause a problem like that. He said possible toxins in my system have caused it. I came to just answer because I cannot get an appointment with my physician for weeks.

The rash is not from chiropractic.

His sounds fungal as one possibility.

It can be bacterial in this location as well.

You will need to show it to a medical doctor....not a chiropractor.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.