Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago.. I had a stabbing pain in my…

Customer Question
I had a tummy tuck...
I had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago.. I had a stabbing pain in my abdominal before it but only a sudden stab that would last less than 1 second.. I have had a pain since. I could have it twice in one day or not have it for 1 week and forget about it, it's usually if I turn suddenly, if i tense and yesterday as I bent to put shoes on. After I have the pain if I try to touch the area to recreate it I can't find it..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/18/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

the pain most likely is due to scar tissue within the abdomen from the tummy tuck 8 weeks ago.

you should talk to your plastic surgeon about this pain.

most likely it is post surgery scar tissue pain after the procedure.

are your bowel movements normal?

have you followed up with your surgeon after the tummy tuck?