Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

In case of patient with 2 failures surgicaly on spine to…

Customer Question
in case of patient with...
in case of patient with 2 failures surgicaly on spine to erase back pain, would it seem rational to investigate using laser therapy as a choice at this time. marvin hans m.d. account #***********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/18/2016
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You have failed the conventional treatment options --medications, injections.

Yes your next step will be interventional procedures like Laser procedure.

Laser procedure is minimally invasive ans may be tried if affordable to help with the symptoms.

The rrate of complications much lower than traditional spine surgeries.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I see that you have already had two failed surgeries.

A laser is just a tool of surgery, and I don't believe you are asking about doing another surgery, but rather about laser therapy.

Cold laser therapy for pain is not proven, but many patients do get relieve from pain.

If you are talking about another form of laser therapy let me know.

I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified US doctor, and one of my certifications is in integrative medicine....and we know about laser therapies.

If you are talking about radiofrequency ablation, that is a different issue, but yes, would also be reasonable.

Please click a positive on my answer page here.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

after two failed spine surgeries and if you are still having pain, then more laser spine surgery usually is not the answer and will continue to cause more scar tissue in the back

pain management and pain reducing treatments are often the next course of action.

to consult with pain management doctors.

there are pain decreasing techniques such as steroid injections, nerve blocks, implanted spinal stimulators, TENs units, which can help distract the nerves in the back and help decrease pain.

these are better options typically after 2 failed back operations

have you consulted with a pain management doctor so far?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com