Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small lump near my right tonsil, I've known of it…

Customer Question
I have a small white...
I have a small white lump near my right tonsil, I've known of it for about 5 months I don't think it's grown, I noticed it after I had what I thought was strep throat but the strep or sore throat went away, idk if it's benign, or not or maybe hpv
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/18/2016
Doctor: Internist, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Internist
Internist, Doctor

Hi there,

i am online and will be happy to answer your questions.

thank you for your patience.

can you please attach a picture of that?

Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

What you describe is a tonsil stone. These are collections of food debris and may appear light in color usually off-white ...

It is a harmless finding. You may be able to dislodge with a Q tip and salt water gargles if you wish . An ENT could easily help you dislodge this accretion particle if that is preferred ....

They are nothing serious as they may occur periodically ...

The tonsils have potential pockets which can collect material similar to the plaque that builds up on teeth.

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I Will be happy to get back with you

I

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

A lump near the tonsil and not on the tonsil would not be a tonsil stone.

Please attach a picture here

This is a different expert