Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son has genital herpes, i would like to know which are…

Customer Question
my son has genital herpes...
my son has genital herpes, i would like to know which are the best vitamins for him to take to stop getting the virus
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
1/17/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

herpes manifest when a patients immune system is down

everyone's immune system is different and no set of vitamins will guarantee that genital herpes will manifest.

he needs to see a doctor and get antiviral therapy such as valcyclovir or acyclovir to help suppress his herpes.

he needs a full physical and blood test to see what may be affecting his immune system.

he may not be sleeping enough at night time. he needs blood testing to check his thyroid hormone levels which can affect his sleep which can thus affect his immune system.

is he willing to see a doctor to get a full physical and evaluation of his herpes?