How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46959
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was diagnosed with fibrous displasia of right temporal bone

Customer Question

Was diagnosed with fibrous displasia of right temporal bone which has caused severe conductive hearing in my right ear. Had a follow up CT scan which shows fibrous displacia in the pet round apex and clivus. Bone described has having a general ground glass appearance. Was referred to a specialist but won't see him for several weeks. Any thoughts or opinions.
Chuck Anderson
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

Fibrous Dysplasia of the bone is a localized disorder of bone characterized by abnormal proliferation of fibrous tissue (scar tissue) interspersed with normal or immature bone, endocrine dysfunction, abnormal pigmentation in the area.

is a good article.

3 general subtypes of fibrous dysplasia of the bone are recognized: monostotic, polyostotic, and McCune-Albright syndrome. The monostotic form is the mildest and most common form (approximately 70% of cases)

sometimes treatment with bisphosphonate bone strengthening agents can help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using