Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have this small lump I'm not really sure how to describe

Customer Question

I have this small lump I'm not really sure how to describe it. when I'm sitting straight and I suck in I can feel it kind of pop like against something, maybe my rib cage? It doesn't hurt at all. also when I am lying down forward leaning to the right of I push into my stomach under my rib cage I can feel it pop too. I can't feel it when I'm lying down straight rather. and it also isn't visible from the outside. It's been felt for the past about three months, and sometimes it does get a bit uncomfortable because it's all I can think about. I also had an ultrasound over my abdomen but everything was healthy and normal.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

most likely your pleural lining in your chest is getting caught on a bone spur on the inside of your ribs.

bone spur on ribs are very common.

this doesn't sound dangerous.

it sounds like you have to work at getting it to pop

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com