Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

My name is ***** *****. I have had the Mirena for about 3

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have had the Mirena for about 3 years. I originally got it because of heavy periods, which it helped minimally. I am now sexually active and going on vacation around the time of my period. How can I delay my period or is that possible?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can I delay my period with birth control pills while the Mirena is inserted?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced Physician attending you today.

There is no contraindiaction that you should not use birth control pills when you are using mirena.

As it is only for one time you can take either nor-ethisterone or prosgesterone only pills. Get a prescription from the doctor and start using them 2 weeks before your period.

If Mirena is not helping you, you can get it removed and start taking progesterone only pills.

I’m glad I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi, Do you mind rating the answer positively [clcik on 5th star], only then I'm compensated for the answer :) Thanks for that.