Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I take metoprolol ER succinate 50MG tab once a day to keep

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I take metoprolol ER succinate 50MG tab once a day to keep blood pressure in check. I just took the pill at my normal time and went to brush my teeth and threw up on accident because of my toothpaste, totally unrelated to the pill. but im not sure if the pill came out with it or not. What should I do regarding taking another pill or waiting till my normal time 24 hours from now? or take one sometime in between?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ive been on the medicine for about 10 years, im 37
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

Metoprolol succinate 50 mg is low dose and if you are not sure whether you threw out pill or not than you can take extra dose in between sometime .

Because daily up to 200 mg once a day can be used .

So yes you can take it in between .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .