How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46959
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tonsil that is filling with blood. i've had 3 sore

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I have a tonsil that is filling with blood. i've had 3 sore throats this fall and winter. In addition I have pain in my ear that feel down into my jaw and neck plus and had few migranies during this period of time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Headache is located above my eyes and around my temples w/ the right side occuring more often. I've been getting tonsil stones for about 4 years now but the winter has been the worse with the sore throats. An occassional* cough and my sinus have been draining for about 3 weeks now. I've been through 2 differnet anti biotics
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah'
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to consult with an ENT doctor about this

you may benefit from having your tonsils removed with a tonsillectomy surgery procedure which can be done for you.

you might need to take allergy medications like allegra 180mg daily or zyrtec or claritin daily and a steroid nasal spray like Nasocort daily to help decrease sinus congestion symptoms

you might need a sinus CT scan to check for blocked sinus passages. some patients sinus symptoms are so bad, they need sinus surgery.

have you consulted with an ENT specialist yet?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using