How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29168
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have swelling and discomfort in my knee since August 2015.

Customer Question

I have swelling and discomfort in my knee since August 2015. Xray knee OK. MRI indicates a minor torn meniscus. Physical therapy and ice has helped but not relieved the swelling and discomfort. Is this something a Rheumatologists can treat? My former Rheumatologists that I saw for "false gout" is no longer practicing. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Minor torn meniscus should not cause that much problem.

You likely have pseudogout.

This can be confirmed by examining the joint fluid under microscope.

The fluid can be aspirated out and steroid can be instilled in the joint to relieve pain and swelling.

You should see a rheumatologist.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: