How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29251
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do if I tore the frenulum during sex? It hurts

Customer Question

What should I do if I tore the frenulum during sex? It hurts when I touch it and when I get an erection.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Complete tear will require sewing by a surgeon to put it back in place.

Partial tear may be managed conservatively.

Besides applying polysporin you will need to avoid any erection and sexual intercourse till healing is complete.

You will need to wrap the frenulum area with petrolatum jelly impregnated gauze piece every day.

Change after showers.

Petrolatum jelly will prevent any sticking of the gauze piece to the frenulum area.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: