Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I just went to the toilet and found blood on my underwear in

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I just went to the toilet and found blood on my underwear in the anal area
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As I said I went to the toilet to do # 2 and when I put my underwear down found a stain of bright red blood on my under wear that is close to may anus
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is likely hemorrhoid related bleeding.

The blood stain after stool passage suggests likely internal hemorrhoid as it is painless.

May not be seen from outside.

Not concerning.

You should follow a high fiber diet and take a stool softener daily to keep your stool soft.
Metamucil and Senna tablets can be together for better action.
Sitz bath is recommended for possible hemorrhoid treatment.
Sitz bath is a bowl of warm water to sit on to relax the anal muscles and improve blood circulation in the hemorrhoids.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/