How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ulcerated injury on outside of right calf, just above ankle,

Customer Question

ulcerated injury on outside of right calf, just above ankle, with possible secondary infection; has responded briefly to several treatments, but persisting.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you have to see an infectious disease doctor

and get a wound culture of that wound in that ulcerated injury on the outside of the right calf

there could be a MRSA skin infection there keeping it from healing.

I see you have been using just home remedies on the area

are you not willing to see a conventional doctor and be evaluated for possible antibiotic therapy?

you don't want this wound to worsen and infection to spread.