Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Stool had it since friday ..... i been eating heathty. why

Customer Question
green stool had it since...
green stool had it since friday ..... i been eating heathty . why am i getting green stool or diarria? i mosty eat fish , sandwich , eat protein bars i drink lots of water i workout alot why am i having these problems?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
1/10/2016
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Stool color is not significant most of the times (except for the presence of blood that is bright red or black stools). All shades of brown and green, including dark green colored stools is considered to be normal, and does not indicate any disease.

Green stool can be due to the food color. Or if the stool has moved fast through the bowel, it may cause green color. Or this may be due to conditions such irritable bowel syndrome or infection.

See your doctor if it continues for a week. If you are having diarrhea then you need to take adequate fluids and keep yourself hydrated. Ask your pharmacy for oral rehydration solution. However if you get abdominal pain, fever, or vomiting then please see you doctor immediately.

Take care.

Please accept the answer by clicking five stars.

Thanks.

Dear customer,

Please accept the answer by clicking five stars. This is the only way that I am paid for the time I took to answer your question.

Take care.

Thanks.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor