Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have had medial epicondylitis for about 3 years. I have

Customer Question
Hi I have had medial...
Hi I have had medial epicondylitis for about 3 years. I have been to see chiropractor and osteopath but I don't think they realy understand what it is they just insit on giveing massage to it . I work on a shovel 5 days a week and do weight lifting I think it is work that has caused it because of the repetitive movement under strain. Iv done lots of research I'm sure it chronic I don't no what els to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
1/8/2016
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

Do you wear a counterforce brace on the forearm?

have you had a cortisone shot?

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more questions, just reply

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I suggest you see an MD specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.

They will do much more than massage.

The correct physical therapy is essential.

They can also handle medications and shots needed.

Shots alone are not adequate for this situation, and only temporary. The correct therapy is needed.

Chiropractic rarely helps in this situation.

I am a double board certified, clinical doctor.

Find me, Dr. thomas, anytime in medical for correct answers.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician