How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray, MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Anthony Bray, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a bowel resection due to Crohn's and have been

Customer Question

Hi. I have had a bowel resection due to Crohn's and have been taking Questran (or the generic) and Pentasa. They have benefitted me well. I've moved to a new city (Depew, NY) to a job which has benefits with co-pay now.
I need a prescription but struggle finding a doctor in the area to help me.
Any recommendations to help me in this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.


I agree that you need to get established with a doctor in your area...

A primary care doctor may be faster to get in and would probably be willing to give you Rx for your maintenance medications...

It would be of course needed with your condition to ALSO get established with a gastroenterologist...

I would suggest that you go to the site >>> >>From here I would say that you may enter the type specialist that you wish to find and then enter your ZIP CODE this should help to aid your search of the doctors closest to you and then you may proceed from there..

Availability and insurance details you could get by calling and asking as you have been doing..

I hope that this is helpful in your search..

Let me know if I may be of further help.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD