How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Abid Your Own Question
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My createne level is 489 should I be concerned and what can

Customer Question

My createne level is 489 should I be concerned and what can I do to help reduce this level quickly?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

Creatinine of 489 is quite high and this indicate poor kidney function , and you should immediately consult Nephrologist for proper medication and further advise .

You may need further test like Ultrasound to check kidney size , cortico-medullary differentiation and other test to see what is the actual reason of your deteriorated kidney function.

Please immediately consult Nephrologist .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service.


Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


To answer your question.

There is no way to bring this down fast.

The underlying cause must be addressed.

The main possibilities are


untreated hypertension

autoimmune kidney disease.

An ultrasound can indicate if there is obstruction, or imply medical disease.

You need a 24 hour urine test now for creatinine and protein.

You can not go directly to a nephrologist in the UK, and your GP can do the initial work up.

Call your GP today.

If you have any symptoms, go to A&E.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please click a positive rating and or see my offer.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Respected customer I already provided you a desired info , you should proceed with things that I mentioned .

You should consult Nephrologist as early as possible to see what is going wrong .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .