Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Fatty liver

Customer Question

Fatty liver
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

What is your question with regard to fatty liver??

I presume that you have been diagnosed with this condition ??

Fatty liver occurs due to excess fat deposits within the liver ...

It may vary as to the severity of the condition..

The MAINSTAY of treatment is to go to a LOW FAT diet

Some patients with high triglycerides may be more predisposed to this condition and so it may have a genetic predisposition as well...

At times some cholesterol lowering medicines of a CLASS known as NIKE ACID SEQUESTRANTS may help fatty liver ...these bind fatty acids in the GI tract and help eliminate these fatty substances which reduces the degree that the day may be reabsorbed in the gut and flow in the blood to the liver ....so meds of this type may be of help for fatty liver ....these may include examples such as WELCHOL / QUESTRAN ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was diagnosed with fatty liver grade 2 and mild fibrosis on 23rd july i gave lipid and diabetic thyroid and cbc all were normal forgot to gave lft test I started doing exercise half an hour day.after two month i gave lft test it was normal.i got fatty liver and my liver enzymed are normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does that mean normal enzymes and fatty liver.does enzymes get normal quickly and fats takes time to go out of the liver

Hello!

Normal liver enzymes is a good sign...yes to that .You can see elevated liver enzymes with this condition. As I said you want to work to correct the condition and or prevent worsening . Everyone stored fat within the liver. At times people store too much fat within the liver --- thus fatty liver. It does like with many conditions have degrees of severity. Have you seen a gastroenterologist with regard to this ?? ( you may or may not have at this point )

Excess fat storage in the liver as I indicated may be potentially related to genetics / your weight and BMI/ and your diet --- low fat diet is the first and most important step to improve the condition...

Yes to it being gradual to improve ...

It is as I noted encouraging to have normal enzyme levels ...

That is helpful to see that there is not active breakdown of liver tissue due to the condition ...that CAN be the case of it should be more severe ....too much excess fat within the liver may damage the organ ...

I hope that this information is helpful

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion.

I will be happy to get back with you

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

PS on a typical initial diagnosis of fatty liver I might have patient follow up on 6 months to check liver enzymes / ultrasound of liver / and lipid profile .....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc are liver enzyme abnormal in case of chronic hep c

Hello again,

Yes chronic hepatitis C I would expect abnormal liver enzymes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc i want to clear that enzymes get normal quickly and fats from liver takes time to come out of the liver. As suggested by my gastro told me it can take between 6 months to one year to get fats out of liver..

Hello again,

Yes generally if you had some elevation of liver ezymes then that usually improves faster .....

Please remember to leave positive feedback, we rely on your acceptance of question ( hopefully 5 stars!) for compensation .

Thank you and Best Regards ***** ***** know if you have other questions or concerns with this condition. Anthony Bray MD