DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My name is ***** *****. I have a pain in the groin area

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a pain in the groin area which causes difficulty walking especially after rest or driving. I do have a torn meniscus in that leg but it is not causing me pain.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have thought it was a hip issue but the pain is in the groin. After sitting or driving I can hardly walk. I am a healthy 66 with only knee issues that I see an orthopedist for. He thought it might be the IT Band but exercises have not helped.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

In fact hip pain refers to the groin.

It can be a hip problem.

It can be groin muscle strain, hernia or other problem.

It is not IT band.

See your orthopedist, get an exam

Probably hip x ray.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.